Foie gras. Foie gras (pronounced "fwah-grah") is considered a delicacy around the world. French for "fat liver," foie gras is the liver of a duck or goose that has been enlarged through a special feeding technique. Although popularized in France, foie gras actually has been around since the Ancient Egyptians.
Additionally, its production is controversial, with. Cleaning raw foie gras isn't essential. Foie gras has a lot of stringy nerves, but they melt during the cooking process. You can have Foie gras using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Foie gras
- Prepare 500 g of foie gras frais denerve.
- Prepare 8 g of sel.
- Prepare 1/2 of cac poivre.
- Prepare 1/2 of cac de 4 epices.
- It’s 10 ml of cognac.
If you want to make sure they are Chill foie gras in the refrigerator before serving it. Cold temperatures help preserve the foie gras' shape. Remove it from its packaging, then set it in a. Foie gras is prepared by melting the livers in their own juices with a sprinkle of salt, resulting in a supple product.
Foie gras step by step
- Dans un plat creux mettre le foie gras, le sel, le poivre, le 4 épices et le cognac. Laisser 1 heure au frigo..
- Retourner le foie gras et laisser de nouveau 1 heure au frigo..
- Filmer le foie gras très serré et hermétique. Placer au cuit vapeur pendant 25 minutes..
- Ouvrir le film, mettre le foie mi-cuit dans une petite terrine, filmer celle-ci et poser une assiette dessus. Remettre 10 minute en vapeur..
- Mettre aussitôt au frigo pour 48 heures. Déguster avec du pain griller et de la confiture..
Usually served chilled and in scoops or Foie gras is easily spreadable and full of rich flavor. It is creamy pink in color, and the only thing you need to enjoy its flavor to the fullest is a slice. Foie gras is a rich pâté made from the liver of ducks and geese that have been force-fed and fattened until their livers become enlarged. It has a rich flavour and the texture is silky smooth. The name literally translates from the French as 'fat liver'.