Karantika 🍴🌶. Karantika – a homemade version of the popular Algerian street food. A chickpea flour (gram / besan flour) 'flan'. It's savoury, cumin-heavy and makes an excellent vegetarian sandwich filling.
It's popular in the north of Morocco, where it's sold by the slice as street food. Kalinti takes its name from the Spanish word for hot, caliente. I am not sure if that is how you spell it! You can cook Karantika 🍴🌶 using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Karantika 🍴🌶
- You need 1 of ramequin de poudre de pois chiches.
- You need 3 of ramequins d'eau.
- It’s 1 of oeuf.
- It’s 1 tasse of a thé d'huile.
- You need of Cumin/sel.
- Prepare of Harissa.
I saw the recipe in The Great Book of Couscous and they called it Karantika. This is popular in Algeria (and made in my house a few times per week). It is best served sliced with bread and a bit of harissa or on crackers. Baking time can be decreased to make a mushier version.
Karantika 🍴🌶 step by step
- Mettez dans salasier la poudre de pois chiches, eau, oeuf, huile, cumin/sel et mixez..
- Versez l'appareil dans un plateau huilé.
- Enfournez a 200 degrés pendant 40 min (+ -)..
- Accompagnez de harissa et de cumin..
A food processor is used to make sure you get a smooth combination of. Karantika is an Algerian dish , served in some regions in Morocco as well. Gram flour (ground chick pea flour) is a main ingredient for making Karantika. It's simply gram flour , eggs and water. So it's gluten free and dairy free.